In The Wild
Southern Thailand and Malay Peninsula
Rivers and streams
- Dark brown
- Iridescent blue-green scales on gill covers
- Blue-green on throat sometimes
- Females and young – two stripes on head
- Elongated, lance-shaped caudal fins
- Male – deep colored, longer anal fin
5 inches in length
Feeding in Captivity:
Variety of live, frozen, flaked, dried and even pellets.
Water and Hardness:
Cool – 70-75 degrees Fahrenheit
A large, covered, darkened, well-vegetated tank is needed with 3-inch diameter PVC tubing. The fish will eat all foods, but offer an assortment of live, frozen, flakes, pellets and especially chopped earthworms.