Betta Fish Center

SNAILLLLLLLLLS !!!!!!!!

If you can't find a category for your question or comment, please post it here.

Moderator: BettaDiver

SNAILLLLLLLLLS !!!!!!!!

Postby kim » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:17 pm

DARn $&(!!@3## im just geting my tank cycled an now i found THEM ! yes im trying live plants > an I did corin it .but I didnt catch the signs . Now what can i do ? I HAVE caught 3 snails . Yesterday i seen a bunch of White ,, Comma shaped spots on my plant.... I ripped it out ... I put it outside out of the sun , in tap water !! OK now the kicker I have my beautie an 3 panda cories They were dancing happy the other day OH NO do you think maybe it could have been EGGS???????? :!: :!: :!: :?: :?: :?:
kim

Re: SNAILLLLLLLLLS !!!!!!!!

Postby admin » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:58 pm

Those darn snails!

You have a couple of options, you can place a piece of lettuce in a jar at the bottom of your tank over night and in the morning you will have lots of snails inside. You will have to repeat the process for a little while.

You can also get a yoyo loach. This fish will get under the substrate to eat the snails. Your betta will eat them too but, bettas are not good at seeking snails out; they are primarily surface eaters.

You could also try adding a little aquarium salt to your tank but, small snails can stand the salt.

Let me know how it goes.

Adam
admin
Site Admin

Postby Carol » Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:44 pm

Pardon my stupidity, but did the snails come with the plants? I presume they are live plants? Just wondering. I have only silk plants in my tank, and now I guess I am very glad! I was feeling guilty for not doing live plants, but wanted to concentrate on getting conditons right for my fish.
Carol

Postby admin » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:47 am

Hi Carol!

Yes, typically these pesky snails will hitch a ride on live plants:( You have nothing to worry about with fkae plants.

Adam
admin
Site Admin

Return to All Things Betta