Betta Fish Center

Toys

If you can't find a category for your question or comment, please post it here.

Moderator: BettaDiver

Toys

Postby LIONESSATDUSK » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:39 pm

Hi all! I have read that some Bettas like to play with things. I'm wary on what to use. Not sure about ping pong balls made in China. Plastic beads? Any and all ideas are welcome.
Thank you!
Lionessatdusk
LIONESSATDUSK

Re: Toys

Postby admin » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:35 am

Hi!

Bettas do have distinct personalities. Some really enjoy "playing". Have you seen this Betta toy?

http://astore.amazon.com/1stonlinepers-bfcstore-20/detail/B0027IXGU4

Adam
admin
Site Admin

Postby Sivan » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:53 pm

Some Betta fish will play and others won't. It comes down to their personality. I know many fish will chase floating objects such as ping pong balls, as you mentioned, and others will flare in cowardice from them. There is a fascinating fish training kit I would LOVE to own one day, called the R2 Fish School Kit that includes tunnels, hoops, soccer, limbo, and agility poles to swim through. It was originally developed for goldfish but Betta fish are fully capable of using it.

If I had $30 to spare, I'd buy it!
Sivan

Postby The Betta Place » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:56 am

I want to try ping pong balls and see if mine would play with those. I have one boy who is a jumper and I'm thinking the ppb would be something he would interact with. Hmmm I think a shopping trip this weekend ;)
The Betta Place

Postby NeoNebula » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:13 am

My first betta didn't care about the mirror ball. My current betta does flare his gills at it but he doesn't push it around. I'd like to try hoops and ping pong balls -- will look that up!
NeoNebula

Return to All Things Betta