Betta Fish Center

Hello everybody!

If this is your first time here please visit this forum and tell us a little about you and your betta.

Moderator: BettaDiver

Hello everybody!

Postby daisylind » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:52 pm

So, totally found this via the FB page, and shamelessly entering for the $50 gift certificate (which, yes, would be used to buy all sorts of Betta goodies!!!)

I've been addicted to Bettas for about 10 years; originally, after a few failed attempts as a kid, I finally got back on the bandwagon when a friend introduced me to an amazing local fish store that had a beautiful selection of bettas.

1 turned into 2 turned into 3 turned into 30.
Yeah, I was that crazy fish lady all my friends knew. It took me over 3 hours every month to do water changes. All my little dudes had gorgeous, spacious little set-ups, each with a little mini flowerpot to hide in and gravel and plants to match their colors. They were on every spare surface of my apt and in almost every room!

I even ordered one direct from Thailand off of aquabid (DANGEROUS!! ha ha! it's seriously a tempting place for a betta lover to go; too many gorgeous fish!!). I had them all: veiltail, delta, halfmoon, crowntail, giant. A harem of females for a while, but they never really did well with me (sad!)

After a few years, the last of my guys passed away of old age while I was living abroad (and my friend was taking care of the few left). I went through a few betta-less years, gave away all my extra bowls and containers in my move from LA to SF.

A year and a half ago, I decided to get a little one for my work desk, so I'm now back to pampering a beautiful little blue and red crowntail (my fave!)

And here I am! : D Almost got another two over this weekend, but with two cats in the house, my betta space is severely limited without making makeshift covers.... So just the one for now.
daisylind

Re: Hello everybody!

Postby admin » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:26 pm

Hi!

Wow! It is really great to have such a Betta enthusiast here in the forum! Welcome to Betta Fish Center!

Adam
admin
Site Admin

Return to Please Introduce Yourself!