Betta Fish Center

Hi...I'm Kay

If this is your first time here please visit this forum and tell us a little about you and your betta.

Moderator: BettaDiver

Hi...I'm Kay

Postby Kay » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:21 am

I have been attempting not to kill off my bettas for the past 8 years. I'm so sensitive to their plight (that I've caused) that I cried with each one's demise. I've spent so much $ at this point, I could have owned a whale instead. However, after researching on this site, I think I've found the solution. I've now had my betta, Luna, for 2 years and he's healthy, spunky and a delight to have. I believe the only thing I was NOT doing was to maintain a constant temperature in his 2 1/2 gallon tank. I always tested the temperature with my finger and if it was too cold, I'd throw a heater in there for a while. Not good...the constant up and down of temperatures. So my last purchase was a reliable, controlled and tiny heater that is on constantly maintaining degree balance. With some fish sculptures near his tank, he's building bubble nests large enough to span a 1/4 of his tank. And he's a pip to talk to; I get tremendous reaction from him. Thank you for sharing so much of your knowledge. I may even attempt two tanks now; one for each cat to watch. :D
Kay

Re: Hi...I'm Kay

Postby admin » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:57 pm

Hi Kay!

I am glad that you were able to pin down what your issue was with your other Bettas! Glad to have you here!

Adam
admin
Site Admin

Return to Please Introduce Yourself!