Betta Fish Center

no bubble nest

Topics that discuss how and when your bettas eat and what types of food they like or dislike. Any discussions related to betta feeding can be posted here.

Moderator: BettaDiver

no bubble nest

Postby boberz87 » Wed May 29, 2013 2:42 pm

I have had my betta for over a year now and he used to always make bubble nest. the past couple of months i have not seen any. i was wondering if this means something is wrong with him. he is eating like always and looks healthy like he always has been just NO nest. thank you for your time <3
boberz87

Re: no bubble nest

Postby NeoNebula » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:45 am

I wonder about this, too. When I first brought mine home he made them like crazy. Then he completely stopped.
NeoNebula

Postby justmelsbettas » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:02 am

I can't say for sure, but bettas change with age. Could they just be getting older? When we buy full grown ones from pet stores they are often a year or older & only have around 2 year life expectancies. Have you noticed any other changes in behavior? Our elderly betta has become very lethargic and his color is fading, so much in some places he's turning white (makes me think of us going grey as we get older).
justmelsbettas

Postby LIONESSATDUSK » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:57 pm

How long after you acquire a Betta should he make a bubble nest? I have had mine for a few weeks now.
Thank you!
LIONESSATDUSK

Postby admin » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:26 pm

Building a bubble nest is a natural trait for male Bettas. The time it takes for a new male to build one varies. They may never build one. It depends on how comfortable they are and their age.

Adam
admin
Site Admin

Postby atb224155 » Sat May 17, 2014 3:18 pm

I noticed that with my male: If the water is not in a temperature that he likes, he won't make a bubble nest. Temperatures could affect them, the water is middle to where he has made a nest close underneath his hammock.
RIP: Shorty May 2013-July 2014
atb224155

Return to Betta Feeding and Behavior