Betta Fish Center

How did you pick your betta?

If you can't find a category for your question or comment, please post it here.

Moderator: BettaDiver

How did you pick your betta?

Postby NeoNebula » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:59 am

Or did your betta pick you?! I didn't even know I wanted one until one day on my way out of the kitty litter aisle I couldn't help but notice one desperately trying to flag me down! Of course, I brought him home.
NeoNebula

Re: How did you pick your betta?

Postby The Betta Place » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:03 am

I had read about Bettas alot but had never gotten one until this year. I got my first one during a snowstorm as I was feeling adventurous and didn't want to sit home lol. I picked him out, his blue coloring was beautiful. He started my passion :) Since then I have a total of 7 girls and 10 boys. I have to say each one appealed to me in some way, Either they were damaged and needed a home because otherwise no one would pick him, or they did their little betta shimmy and won me over :) I have one boy I received as a gift from a breeder after I purchased a female I was looking for forever (an elephant ear girlie). He was a total surprise and is awesome! :D
The Betta Place

Postby NeoNebula » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:14 pm

Yes, the "betta shimmy"!
NeoNebula

Postby admin » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:34 pm

Bettas really know how to swim into our hearts:)

Adam
admin
Site Admin

Postby Carol » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:03 pm

My animal loving friend talked me into getting one. I'm a researcher at heart, so I spent many hours looking into their care needs. This was NOT easy since opions on everything seem to be all over the board! Finally when I felt ready to do it right, I set up my tank, then headed over to Petco for the BIG day! Decisions, decissions! I wanted them all! Finally I decided on my beautifl Finnigan, mostly because he was somewhat unusual in color. (Salmon and light blue.) I had really wanted a Halfmoon too, which he is. Bingo! (Hey, that's a great name!)
Carol

Postby misterpeterman » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:33 pm

My wife and I see which betta is more reactive to us. Our current little guy was dancing around like crazy until my wife picked up his cup, and he calmed right down and just looked at her. Then she came to me and said, "This one."

So I guess we let the betta pick us.
misterpeterman

Postby atb224155 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:10 pm

When a group of bettas came in to the shelter that I was doing an assessment for, I found Shorty who was a torquise blue betta. He came in with about 10 to 20 other bettas, after having him for a few months, I was itching to get a female and was at Petco when I found Michonne who is a Royal Blue betta.
RIP: Shorty May 2013-July 2014
atb224155

Return to All Things Betta