Betta Fish Center

Bubblenests

Topics related to betta types and species

Moderator: BettaDiver

Bubblenests

Postby Gillygal » Sat May 18, 2013 7:12 pm

i have a betta splenden and i got to watch him make hundreds of tiny bubbles! it was sooooo cute! i wanna get another little beta that also creates bubble nests. anyone know of the other kinds of betta that do that? :D
Gillygal

Re: Bubblenests

Postby BL2033 » Wed May 29, 2013 4:15 pm

All Male betta fish Splendens blow bubblenests. It's a sign of them feeling comfortable enough to claim the territory(tank). It's a sign of a healthy betta as well.

Now if you go into other species there's much more they would do. You have mouthbrooders who hold the Fry in their mouth protecting them and others with interesting husbandry instincts.

-BL2033
BL2033

Postby Collieflower » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:20 am

My Bettas have all been sneaky bubble-blowers so far. I'll clean the bowl, and then in the next day or two there is a bubble nest. I never see them do it!
Collieflower

Postby admin » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:38 pm

Try purchasing a younger male Betta. The chances that they will blow bubble nests decreases with age:)

Adam
admin
Site Admin

Postby myhobbydetroit » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:12 pm

Some wild bettas such as betta hendra (red wine betta) formally known as betta SP palangkaraya I had very little success until I had the right cave offered. Then he would build a thick little nest in the cave. Now I have no trouble getting these shy bettas producing offspring
myhobbydetroit

Return to Betta Species