Betta Fish Center

New Betta Mom

If this is your first time here please visit this forum and tell us a little about you and your betta.

Moderator: BettaDiver

New Betta Mom

Postby Marcie » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:34 am

I have had Blue for about 3 weeks now. As much as a person can bond with a fish, I have bonded with Blue! He comes to the front of the tank when I put my face there (I think he likes my glasses) and holds steady as I place my finger against the glass. My desire is that he does not get bored and to that end I have rearranged the plants (silk and plastic) in his 2 gallon tank after a water change. My question is, will rearranging or alternating plants make him happy or crazy? I also would like to know about varying his diet. Right now he eats pellet food from the aquarium store. Should I offer bloodworms as well?
Thank you for taking the time to reply to my questions.
Sincerely,
Marcie
Marcie

Re: New Betta Mom

Postby BettaDiver » Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:39 am

Hi Marcie,

Bloodworms are traditionally used as occasional treats for freshwater aquarium fish. A few times a week would be alright, but don't overindulge Blue :) Many brands of commercial food for bettas offer complete nutrition and if your betta is happy with his current diet there's no real reason to change it.
BettaDiver

Return to Please Introduce Yourself!