Betta Fish Center

silly girls!

Topics that discuss how and when your bettas eat and what types of food they like or dislike. Any discussions related to betta feeding can be posted here.

Moderator: BettaDiver

silly girls!

Postby M4M » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:51 am

I have a sorority of seven ladies in our 30 gal community tank, and it's hilarious to watch the interactions between the girls!
I added girl number seven (Maizy) to the group, and the two most dominant females came over to flare at her and put her in her place, but they became sidetracked and decided to completely ignore the new girl to flare at each other!

Yesterday, my co-dominant girls were flaring, and when I clicked my nail on the glass to stop some of the chasing, Maizy came ZOOMING over to say HI to me. Apparently Archipelago (one of the co-doms) decided to come flare at Maizy though lol

Just now, I was "playing" with Maizy, and one of my smaller females (Willow) decided to try flaring at Maizy and got completely ignored! ^_^
M4M

Re: silly girls!

Postby admin » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:57 am

How funny!

When I first decided to expand my love for Bettas, I got two females and placed them in a small tank. I eventually started referring to them as sisters because sometimes they were good friends and other times they were competing:)

Adam
admin
Site Admin

Re: silly girls!

Postby The Betta Place » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:02 am

Love my Sorority tank!! May girls are pretty chill for the most part. I have one alpha who is a good ball. One of my other gals is huge but less dominate, though she likes to chase one lady around. When she does that my roommate will tell me she is picking on the other fish and he wants me to take her out lol. Nope just playing, no fin nips:) I can sit forever and interact with them! :D
The Betta Place

silly girls

Postby IustinLSew » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:52 am

Not silly in the slighest You'll both have such a good time, and the best thing is she's doing because she loves it. Massive good luck I'll be there too, so I'll come find you both to say well done.
IustinLSew

Return to Betta Feeding and Behavior