Betta Fish Center

betta family pt 3

Submit pictures of your betta fish here. Capture them feeding, spawning, breeding or just hanging out. Please share!

Moderator: BettaDiver

betta family pt 3

Postby wwstringcomplexx » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:14 pm

Fireball is the super delta baby who attacked mister blue from pt1. He legit dug a hold in his rocks and squeezed under the divider to fight. He won but I did catch them in time. He's now paired, with a ton more rocks, with a very young veil boy named tootsie. Tootsie is still deciding on color and his tail is still forming but he's a sweet little guy.

Melon is the weirdest double tail ever. He is always hyper and lived in the largest of my critter keepers for some time. He's the oldest of all of my fish, starting to get curly fins. I finally downsized his tank because instead of exploring his space, he just stayed at the side going back and forth constantly. He's happier in his blue top tank now and enjoys his tree. :)

Dragon is a dragon scale plakat male and loves blowing bubbles. He's my smallest adult male but his nets make everyone else's look sad. He enjoys brine shrimp more than anyone as well.
Attachments
20130709_122839.jpg
(1.01 MiB) Downloaded 3 times
20130623_231851.jpg
(1.13 MiB) Downloaded 3 times
20130623_231907.jpg
(1.25 MiB) Downloaded 3 times
wwstringcomplexx

Re: betta family pt 3

Postby admin » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:12 am

I am loving all these pics!

Adam
admin
Site Admin

betta family pt 3

Postby mtevaero » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:47 am

I am in shock. I have just woken up this morning to find a distressed tank. My betta fishs fins are almost gone and my shrimp sold to me as Amano Shrimp are jumping like mad. I noticed they are physically attacking my poor betta. I quickly tested the water and removed the shrimp from the tank. My tank is about one month old at this point.

My tank is a 15L biorb flow and I had no problems so far with it.

pH 8.0
ammonia 0
nitrite 0
nitrate 20-40

Just as a precaution I did a 30 water change and added a large dose of stress coat. Unfortunately I dont have a picture of my betta but the fins are about 90 gone. No fuzzyness and it happened literally overnight so I dont think it can be fin rot. I stress the fact that I change my water once a week, test it weekly and that last night at 11 pm everything was fine in the tank
mtevaero

Return to Betta Fish Images