Betta Fish Center

Classroom betta

This forum is for any topics that fall outside of the forum categories.

Moderator: BettaDiver

Classroom betta

Postby NativeNuYorker » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:54 pm

I have a Betta named Fishy (my student's named him). He is 6 months old now and is living in a little betta bowl without a heater or filter. I am currently cycling a 5 gallon for him. However, I must say he seems very comfortable in his little bowl and I'm afraid that if I move him he may perish. What are your thoughts?
NativeNuYorker

Re: Classroom betta

Postby justmelsbettas » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:03 pm

Changing Fishy's tank won't hurt him as long as you give him time to adjust. Much like when you bring a new fish home you need to slowly acclimate him to his new water. What size tank is he in now? 5 gallons is great for a betta and it should make him a very happy boy. If you need any tips on acclimating him just ask.
justmelsbettas

Postby NativeNuYorker » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:57 pm

My betta was in one of those small betta tanks, probably less than a gallon. I just transferred him into the 5 gallon which appears too large just for one fish and plant. Perhaps when I add more plants and a couple of ADFs it will look more complete or homey.
NativeNuYorker

Postby WendyGail » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:57 am

What a great classroom pet! I found this site because I had been searching for a classroom pet and Bettas popped in my mind:)
WendyGail

Postby admin » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:13 pm

Hi!

How is fishy doing in his new tank? I bet the kids love him!

Adam
admin
Site Admin

Postby vank0055 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:04 pm

Hi,
I want to have have a betta for my classroom too. I just graduated and am looking for my first special education job. I just got my new bettas with this in mind and went a little over board and decided to get some for myself too:) Any suggestions for keeping fish in a classroom. How do you feed them over the weekend?
vank0055

Postby mirage23 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:31 pm

I'm sure he'll enjoy the cycled tank better! you take away the risks of harmful spikes in water conditions and you don't have to do as many water changes to keep those levels down. Like said before, just acclimate him to his new tank!
mirage23

Return to General Aquarium/Tank Topics