Betta Fish Center

At my wits end.

Discussions related to your betta's symptoms, recommended treatments and courses of action to help your betta regain health. Topics also cover betta disease prevention.

Moderator: BettaDiver

Re: At my wits end.

Postby Gwennith » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:25 pm

Well, after several days of frequent water changes, he is still exactly the same. He still have red streaks in his fins, and he still has a small sore on his head. But he still has a good appetite, no fin clamping, still frisky and frills his fins, very active. His fins still look almost translucent and slightly ragged along the edges, but are not decaying or getting any worse. After three months I honestly don't know what to think. I have gone from changing his water every day, to changing it every 2-3 days and between water changes he starts making bubble nests. I moved him back upstairs to my computer desk and every day when I sit down to work he begs for attention and a treat.
The sore on his head looks exactly the same, no bigger no smaller and the same color. I almost think the spot on his head is a color spot, it doesn't look as tho it's actually deep in the skin, it looks more like a scrap on the outer layer of his scales, and it's bright red. The only difference in his appearance today and when I took the original picture that I posted in late July, is that his body is a good deal whiter than it was at that time.
Gwennith

Postby Gwennith » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:27 pm

Well, it's been a few days, and I have to say, he seems like a happy boy. I put his silk plants back in and he promptly set about making a very impressive bubble nest. If the information I have been reading is correct, the bubble nests are for mating purposes? And if he was sick he would not be making them?
I feel like such a noob with this fish.
Gwennith

Postby Gwennith » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:29 am

Well, he's has been doing great, I suppose the pink and red coloration are just coloration. He keeps making bubble nests like mad. I moved him into a 5 gallon. But I think that soon I am going to get a couple of ten gallons and set them up next to each other one for him and one for my other betta. I have heard they do well with cory cats, and small tetras. I was thinking perhaps neons or glolights.
Attachments
Boog.jpg
Here is a picture I took of him today.
Gwennith

Postby Samantha » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:22 pm

Good to hear he's getting better, wanted to let you know that my Betta Queezie a blue bail tail, I thought he had fin rot! I too treated him with antibiotics, and as yours he lost his color. This is what I think...Bettas are sensitive to the antibiotics not in the sense that it doesn't work, but that it may affect them when used. My suggestion would be always use salt and heat first, then try antibiotics unless you really know it's bacterial. Good luck ,
Samantha

At my wits end

Postby Ezirohnic44 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:35 am

Sorry to hear the bad news Squid. Things usually work out in the end.... but sometimes gettin there sucks Good luck.
Ezirohnic44

Previous

Return to Betta Diseases, Illnesses, Prevention and Treatment